Saturday, October 8, 2011

On an Elephant!


Saddling up for bath time!


Elephant riding platform.

The elephants are trained to bush whack on command.
My aunt once sent me a picture of her swimming with her horse.
Here is my swimming on an elephant rebuttal.


This week I went down to the southern part of Nepal (the Terai) to visit Chitwan National Park. Chitwan, Pokhara and Kathmandu make up the "Tourist Triangle" in Nepal and are most often the only places visitors go. I went to ride the elephants, mostly, and boy was that worth it! I love elephants. They are so goofy. We saw some other animals (rhinos, monkeys, deer ("tiger food")) and some other stuff happened, but the highlight was definitely elephant bath time.

1 comment:

  1. Elena, this is "National Geographic" at its very best! I look forward to each time I sit down and play catch-up with your wondrous world. Lucinda

    ReplyDelete